Who can get a library card?
- All persons who reside or own property within Huerfano County shall be issued a New Patron that is associated with a 90 day probationary period. After 90 days, if the resident is in good standing, their card will change to a Resident Card with full borrowing privileges.
- Colorado Residents residing outside of Huerfano County, qualify for a Non-Resident card that has check out limitations.
- Library cards will be issued upon independently completing an application, and upon providing a photo ID, and proof of address.
- Those under the age of eighteen will be required to have a parent or guardian sign the application.
- At this time Spanish Peaks Library District is unable to offer library cards to individuals residing out of state.
All patrons must show valid identification in order to obtain or renew a library card.
Anyone can show one piece of identification if it is a CO state ID with a current address
|Examples of acceptable photo identification are:||Examples of acceptable proof of address are:|
**(e-bills included) dated within the last 3 months and matching the address on the application
Children (ages birth to 18) must have parental consent to obtain cards. A parent or guardian must accompany children that are applying for a library card. Parents/guardians can provide their own IDs if they do not have their children’s IDs.