March 5th – May 21st
Spanish Peaks Library
415 Walsen Ave
Walsenburg CO 81089
Girls Who Code is a national non-profit organization dedicated to closing the gender gap in technology. It’s leading the movement to inspire, educate and equip girls with computing skills to pursue 21st century opportunities. The Spanish Peaks Library is excited to offer a Girls Who Code Club at the library beginning March 5, 2018.
The first session, March 5th @6pm will be an information session for girls and their parent/guardian about the club.
What is it?
- The Spanish Peaks Library’s Girls Who Code Club is a free program to teach girls in 6th-12th grades computer programming and coding, stimulate interest in the STEM field and careers, and build useful skills and confidence. Click here for Girls Who Code overview.
Who can join?
- Girls in grades 6 through 12 are welcome in the club. The club has limited spaces and preference is given to residents of Huerfano County. Girls are expected to attend 80% of the meetings during the school year.
When will the program start? How often does it meet?
- The club meets weekly for 2 hours on Mondays @ 6:00pm – 8:00pm*
- The first club starts on March 5th and runs thru May 21.
- The first session, March 5th @6pm will be an information session for girls and their parent/guardian about the club.
- Click here for a complete calendar of meetings, or here to visit our Facebook Event page.
*Note: This club meets after regular operating hours. Only Girls Who Code participants will be allowed in the library during these sessions.
Do I need to bring anything or have coding experience?
- Nope. All instruction is provided for free, participants will use Library computers, and all levels of coding experience are welcome.
- Take a look at the curriculum overview here
- Pizza and snacks will be provided.
- If you have further questions about the Girls Who Code in Walsenburg, please call the Spanish Peaks Library at 719-738-2774.
Connect with Girls Who Code online:
- Site: www.girlswhocode.com
- Facebook: Facebook.com/GirlsWhoCode
- SPLD Facebook Event: Facebook.com/GirlsWhoCode
- Twitter: @GirlsWhoCode