Who Can Get a Library Card?
- All persons who reside or own property within Huerfano County shall be issued a New Patron that is associated with a 90 day probationary period. After 90 days, if the resident is in good standing, their card will change to a Resident Card with full borrowing privileges.
- Colorado Residents residing outside of Huerfano County, qualify for a Non-Resident card that has check out limitations.
- Library cards will be issued upon independently completing an application, and upon providing a photo ID, and proof of address.
- Those under the age of eighteen will be required to have a parent or guardian sign the application.
- At this time Spanish Peaks Library District is unable to offer library cards to individuals residing out of state.
All patrons must show valid identification in order to obtain or renew a library card.
Anyone can show one piece of identification if it is a CO state ID with a current address
Examples of acceptable photo identification are:
- Driver’s License
- Colorado State ID Card
- Military ID
- Work Badge
- Student ID Card
- Costco Card
- Credit Card with Photo
Examples of acceptable proof of address are:
- Current rental or lease agreement
- Bank statement
- Rent bill**
- Utility bill**
- Telephone, cable, or cell phone bill**
- CO motor vehicle registration
**(e-bills included) dated within the last 3 months and matching the address on the application
Children (ages birth to 18)
Children (ages birth to 18) must have parental consent to obtain cards. A parent or guardian must accompany children that are applying for a library card. Parents/guardians can provide their own IDs if they do not have their children’s IDs.
Library Card Rules
When you apply for a library card, you agree to return borrowed materials on time, pay overdue fees and assume responsibility for lost or damaged items.
If your card is lost or stolen, call or stop by Spanish Peaks Library location to inform a staff member.
Spanish Peaks Library is a member of the AspenCat union catalog, giving you access to many more items, e-books, and other resources.
Login to your account via www.spld.org to view checkouts, renew online, place holds, and view your reading history. To login: Just type in the ENTIRE 14-digit number on your card. For all patrons, the password is your last name in lowercase letters.
- Spanish Peaks Library materials may be returned anytime – book drops are open 24 hours.
- Can’t make it to our library? – You can return your items to any library in the state of Colorado, and they will get them back to us.
Prior to the Item Due Date
- You will receive an Advanced Notice of Item Due 2 days before the due date if you have included an email in your library account.
- The day before the item is due, You will receive a Your Item is Now Due email.
- You can opt out of these notices – just ask
Item Not Returned by the Due Date
- If an Item is not returned by the due due, an overdue notice is sent by email.
- First Overdue Notice is sent 7 days after the Item is overdue.
- Second Overdue Notice is sent 14 days after the item is overdue.
- Third/ Final Overdue Notice is sent 21 days after the item is overdue
- If you do not include an email in your library account, you will receive a reminder phone call 7 to 14 days after the item is due
- 45 days after due date, the item status changes to Lost and your account is charged for the fines that have accrued and is charged for the item.
- 60 days after due date, the item may be sent to a collections agency, and additional fees assessed.
- Lost Library cards will be replaced for $2.00 to cover the cost of the laminated card.
- There will be a $15.00 service fee for checks returned by the bank to the Library due to Insufficient Funds. Patrons will be charged this fee in addition to the face amount of the check.